The Hotel & Lodging Association of Greater Houston has been serving the hospitality industry for over 40 years. Join our organization and make your voice heard!
There is a benefit for different types of businesses to be members of the Hotel & Lodging Association of Greater Houston. Take a look at the various business categories and the fee structures associated with each. When you’re ready to apply, click on the button below!
Hotels, Motels and Bed & Breakfast Properties Association fees are $5.25 per guest room per year. These dues are paid when you join the Houston Hotel and Lodging Association of Greater Houston and then are due on the anniversary date of each subsequent year.
- Protecting your interests in reference to government decisions by the city, county and state
- Public relations effort to communicate the hotel industry impact on the Greater Houston Area
- Identify the positions of government officials (City, County and State) on issues that affect hotels/motels (i.e.: Occupancy Taxes)
- Membership Meetings featuring speakers who provide information pertinent to the hotel industry
- Semi-Annual Meetings with other hoteliers in your Area of the City
- Website listing Member Hotels by Area of the City (with link to hotel’s homepage) for the general public
- Quarterly Newsletters
- Work with the Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau to increase occupancy in area hotels
- Statistical and Occupancy Tax Information
- Active Committees: Government Affairs, Membership, Programs & Events; Public Relations and Hospitality On Parade
- Annual Golf Tournament which provides funds for our Conrad N. Hilton College of Restaurant and Hotel Management Scholarship
- Educational Seminars
- Security Alerts and quarterly meetings on security issues
- The “Go To” place for hotel questions!
- Opportunity to become an HLAGH Board Member
Companies and entities that provide products or services to the Hotel industry. This also includes organizations that are affiliated with the hotel industry (such as colleges and universities, convention bureaus, convention centers, and other associations). The annual fee for an Allied Member is $450 per year for a representative of the Company. For additional staff to become members, there is a cost of $75 per person. This membership renews on the anniversary date.
- Membership List of all HLAGH Members which includes hotels and motels along with the general manager’s name, address, phone and fax number
- Annual Trade Show to showcase your Company’s products and services for the hotel and motel operators
- Opportunities to network with hoteliers at Monthly Membership Luncheons, Annual Golf Tournament, Bike Building Competition benefiting Child Advocates, Committee involvement with hoteliers
- Advertising Opportunities such as sponsoring a luncheon, quarterly newsletter, golf tournament or website
- Table Top Displays at select membership luncheon meetings
- Educational Seminars
- Be an active member of HLAGH and join a committee such as Government Affairs, Membership, Programs & Special Events and Allied Members Committee
- Opportunity to become a Board Member
A hotel corporate or regional office representative which has at least one hotel/motel as a Houston Lodging Association of Greater Houston hotel member. The annual dues are $75 per person.
Enjoy the benefits by becoming a student member of the Houston Lodging Association of Greater Houston. The annual dues are $45 per student.
HLAGH MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS
- Hotel/Lodging Membership Application
- Allied Membership Application
- Corporate Membership Application
- Student Membership Application
“When I first joined the HLAGH 8 years ago, I did it so I would have assistance in monitoring everything going on in the Houston area. I expected news on Legislation, warnings on issues effecting others, a discount on lunch meetings with great speakers, etc. Instead, I got so much more. I found out that we help shape laws by working with city council, fire departments, code enforcement, and so many others. I got access to training for my associates, a network of members that have helped my business grow and even save money, we got ways to improve the community through charity work, I have been able to recognize and reward my associates for their hard work through scholarships and Hospitality on Parade.
I have been able to help shape the future of our industry by working with the Conrad N Hilton College and local school’s Hospitality programs, and have even been able to be part of long term plans of the development of Houston as a destination location. Of all of the organizations I belong to, the HLAGH is by far the most informative and active. I am proud to be a part of such a fantastic organization and look forward to lifelong relationship with them.“
Barry L. Shank
Regional Director of Operations
“In my experience, working with your association continues to be an excellent resource for HD Supply.
I am very pleased with the programs and opportunities the Hotel & Lodging Association of Greater Houston (HLAGH) has offered to my sales team and me.”
Regional Sales Manager
HD Supply Facilities Maintenance